Launched by FBIF in 2017, Wow Food Awards (formerly Hello Foods Prize) is a global F&B innovative product evaluation competition. The competition gathers dozens of senior experts in product development and market research to taste and comment on hundreds of entries from a comprehensive perspective, and the innovation of each product is deeply explored. The purpose of the competition is to gather the innovators in F&B industry to jointly discover, display, publicize and evaluate the most innovative product, encourage the birth of new products with excellent quality, and recognize outstanding innovations across every category of the F&B industry.
Wow Food Awards 2020 received 199 entries from nearly 100 companies. The entries have differentiated merits in the taste, packaging and product concept. After the judges' on-site tasting and in-depth understanding of the product concepts, 26 entries with excellent comprehensive performance were selected to win, with a 13% award rate.
Wow Food Awards attracts lots of F&B industry peers with highest innovative spirits, this is a platform for you to communicate and network with other excellent innovators and make breakthroughs together. Come and let your product development team’s efforts be recognized by the industry experts! Wow Food Awards 2021 now embraces innovative products from all over the world!
Highlights of 2021-What’s New?
?? Consumer Exposure
All entries will accept consumers’votes, which according to their favorite degree of the products.
Top 3 products in the food category, beverage category and dairy category can win the Most Popular Product Award.
? Wow Food Awards Yearbook of Product Innovation
The FBIF Organizing Committee will select excellent entries and outstanding innovative products from the market, entered them in the Wow Food Awards Yearbook of Product Innovation (2020-2021). After the competition, all entrants can get the Yearbook (digital+print version) for free, the book can intuitively reflect the trend of product innovation in the year.
● Entries that demonstrate outstanding innovation in the dimensions of product ingredients, taste, marketing, nutrition and health, sustainability, manufacturing, and other added value, as well as excellent innovative products in the 2020-2021 market, will be included in the 2020-2021 Product Innovation Book.
● Excellent creative new product cases in different F&B category and different consumption scenarios is analyzed.
● Contain interviews with Wow Food Awards judges, their insights and quotes on market, consumer and product innovation trends.
● Summarize the product innovation trends in the year and boost the innovation of F&B industry.
After the competition, all entrants can get the Yearbook (digital+print version) for free.
? Evaluation Report
All entries selected by the preselection will receive an evaluation report from the judges, which can clearly show the scores of each dimension through the radar map.
Wow Food Awards Committee?
T：+ 86 21 5767 9411
M：+ 86 13162021806
1. Wow Food Awards 2021 entries are divided into “food category”,“beverage category”and“dairy category”. The competition is open to packaged products that are launched/rebranded during 1 October 2019 to 1 April 2021, and belong to the following categories.
2. Entries must be trading in China or can be approached in Chinese market; the entries of foreign brand must be able to enter Chinese market and be responsible for the customs.
3. All the players in the product R&D value chain such as brand owners, suppliers, research institutions can join the competition.
All entries will be evaluated by FBIF Organizing Committee and F&B?KOC&KOL（especially in Chinese Market)?in the first round. The products selected by the first round will come to the next stage and accept the evaluation from judges.
?2、 Evaluation by Judges
?（Judges do not participate in the tasting and scoring of their own products）
1). Product concept, highlights and added value?(e.g. concept of sustainable development, technological innovation, etc.)
2).? Sensory Evaluation (taste, texture, odor, etc.)
3).? Consumer communication?
Note: The results of judges' evaluation lead to the Best Category Award and the Best of the Best Award.
?3、 Evaluation by Consumers
Consumers evaluate from a comprehensive perspective and vote according to their favorite degree of the products. Top 3 products can win the Most Popular Product Award.
Note: Consumer tasting results are considered only for the Most Popular Award.
Note: the organizer has the right to adjust the number of awards, cancel or increase the awards according to the specific score of each product.
Regional Industry Leader Asia Pacific Probiotics, cultures, Fibers, HMO Dupont Nutrition and Bioscience
Dupont Nutrition & Health
Vice chairman of Hainan Panda Dairy Co, Ltd
Hainan Panda Dairy Product Co., Ltd
Regulatory AI Technology Co Ltd
Sales & Marketing Manager
Head of Research and Technology, DMK-GROUP
China R&D VP
Research Manager, Asia Pacific, Mintel Food & Drink
Director of R&D
Senior Director Global Innovation Commercialization
Firmenich Aromatics (China) Co.,Ltd
The Robin Collective
Founder and CEO
Global Innovation Director& Tg Green Tea Founder
Ideas 2 Launch Ltd
Secretary of the Board, Ph.D
China Businss Manager
Manufacturing and R&D Group General Director
Want Want Group